Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Not a whole lot going on Hangout Collective-wise recently, hope to get some things brewing soon, and I hope some others are doing the same. Nick did add a nice little guitar part on Central America last week(Sorry for slacking on putting this up Nick!). This song is in bits and pieces right now, but I like everyones ideas and where it is headed. Phil is working on mixing this one up and putting some structure to it, but I know was having some computer issues, so maybe I'll take a crack at it.

I think I may have found a new home to host our files. Dropbox I just downloaded it and will mess with it a bit and see if it's what I'm looking for, but it's looking pretty good.

Looks like some Hangouters have been busy with their own projects lately which is always nice to see, hope they don't mind my linking; Ryan and John a.k.a. Glad Hearts have finished up their new album and have a few songs up here. And also a "Making of..." video here with some cameos by yours truly. Looks like some Mandibles spent a snow day working on this little doozy. And JJ and his two man band The Local Trust have just finished mixing a track from an upcoming EP, click below to check it out.



Came across an interesting blog recently, Music Machinery. Billed as a "music technology" blog, it is pretty much exactly that, check out todays post on click tracks. They used Echo Nest Remix which, at a glance, is a little over my head, but something cool to check out when I get some downtime.

And finally, Robert Smith of The Cure has been letting his feelings known about Radiohead and their release stylings of In Rainbows. Friday, then again today.

2 comments:

  1. It continues, Wayne Coyne does some sh'ttalking on Arcade Fire

    http://www.rollingstone.com/blogs/smokingsection/2009/03/exclusive-wayne-coyne-tears-ap.php

    ReplyDelete
  2. west fast enough's a hot jam

    ReplyDelete